- Certified Genealogist* - Certified by the Board for Certification of Genealogists since 2000.
- Forensic Genealogy Institute
Council for the Advancement of Forensic Genealogy, Dallas, Texas.
- Eleven time alumni at Samford University's Institute of Genealogy & Historical Research (IGHR), Birmingham, Alabama.
Courses of study include: Writing & Publishing, Library Research in Legal & Government Documents, Genealogy as a Profession, Advanced Methodology, Advanced Land records/Platting,
Land Records I, 20th Century Research, U.S. Military Records, African American Research, and Intermediate Genealogy.
- National Archives Workshop
Regional In-depth Genealogical Studies Alliance, Inc. (RIGSA)
- American Genealogy: A Home Study Course
National Genealogical Society
- Bachelor of Art (Chemistry & Mathematics Majors)
Georgia College & State University
- Frequent attendee at genealogical seminars, workshops, and lectures
- A native Georgian, I have 19 years experience in Georgia genealogical research, 14 years as a professional researcher.
- National Genealogical Society
- Association of Professional Genealogists, National & Georgia Chapters
- Member of the Council for the Advancement of Forensic Genealogy
- Georgia Genealogical Society
- Cobb County Genealogical Society
- Mama's Second Day Dress, Ancestor Update, Vol. 2, Genealogical Society of Henry & Clayton Counties, Inc., Winter 1993, p. 5-7.
- Compiled As Best I Remember, Jack Smallwood, Unpublished, 1998.
- Reviews Appearing in National Genealogical Society Quarterly & Georgia Genealogical Society Quarterly
VOLUNTEER WORK IN FIELD OF GENEALOGY
- County Coordinator of Pike County GAGenWeb Page
- Volunteer with Unclaimed Persons, assisting coroners' offices to locate next-of-kin.