- Has held the Certified Genealogist® credential - Granted by the Board for Certification of Genealogists, since 2000.
- SLIG’s Virtual DNA Advanced Evidence Analysis Practicum in 2019.
- Forensic Genealogy Institute, Initial Class in 2012 (Dallas, Texas) and Advanced Forensic Evidence Analysis & Practicum in 2014 (Dallas, Texas) and 2016 (San Antonio, Texas)
Council for the Advancement of Forensic Genealogy
- Fifteen time alumni at Institute of Genealogy & Historical Research (IGHR), Athens, Georgia.
Courses of study include: Writing & Publishing, Library Research in Legal & Government Documents, Genealogy as a Profession, Advanced Methodology, DNA Analysis I, Intermediate DNA Analysis, Advanced DNA Analysis, Advanced Land records/Platting, Land Records I, 20th Century Research, U.S. Military Records, African American Research, and Intermediate Genealogy.
- National Archives Workshop at Regional In-depth Genealogical Studies Alliance, Inc. (RIGSA)
- American Genealogy: 18 Months Home Study Course
National Genealogical Society
- Bachelor of Art (Chemistry & Mathematics Majors)
Georgia College & State University
- Graduate Studies in Chemistry
University of Florida
- Frequent attendee at genealogical seminars, workshops, and lectures
- A native Georgian, I have 30 years experience in Georgia genealogical research, 25 years as a professional researcher. For the past five years, I have specialized in forensic genealogy.
- National Genealogical Society
- Association of Professional Genealogists, National & Georgia Chapters (past president of Georgia Chapter)
- Council for the Advancement of Forensic Genealogy, Member at the Senior Level (Highest Level)
- Georgia Genealogical Society (corresponding secretary 2015-2018, Quarterly Board 2020)